Traveling may be a way of life for most globetrotters, but for some, it is a form of getaway from regular life. Some are after the semblance of “break” it provides, while others think that these luxury escapes help them grow. Whatever the motivations are, one thing is common among these travelers, and that is their preference in terms of destination. Here’s what made it to the top popular destinations:
- Paris, France. Aside from the rich history the city has to offer and being known as the City of Love, most people are sold on the sophisticated lifestyle that they experience in Paris. Charming patisseries and antique markets, small luxury hotels, a strip with boutiques of every designer label you can think of, and a view of the Eiffel Tower is just enough to make you pack your bags and hop on the next plane to Paris!
- Rome, Italy. A popular choice of global travel, especially among art enthusiasts, Rome serves as the Mecca for every artist. The city houses works by Bernini, Michelangelo, Bramante, and many others. With that, it’s impossible not to fall in love with the rich art and history that Rome prides itself in.
- Beijing, China. Being the capital of China, you would think it’s the last place you should be in in if you want to set your eyes on exquisite historical structures. However, Beijing proves to be a popular choice—it has the Great Wall and the “Forbidden City,” after all.
- UK. If the other parts of Europe entrance architecture and history buffs, the UK on the other hand is for literary devotees. The attractions here include Shakespeare’s town, and of course, for the fans of newer literature, the Harry Potter Studio.
- Prague, Czech Republic. A lot of people choose Prague because of the low travel cost, but there is more to that. Traveling to Prague is more of a social experience. The city is at its best when you travel during the season when it’s holding annual events and festivals. Many travelers also claim that Prague offers the best nightlife experience compared to other destinations in Europe.
- Hanoi, Vietnam. Sometimes referred to as the “Paris of Asia,” Hanoi lures its visitors with the imprints of French architecture in its most iconic vacation spots. The Vietnamese cuisine also proves to be a real charmer, so do not travel to Hanoi without visiting the food stalls there.
- Barcelona, Spain. The city basically offers anything—beaches, art museums, exotic cuisine, music festivals, and a lot more. On top of this, Barcelona has great weather throughout the year, which makes your trip even more remarkable.
- Bali, Indonesia. Probably one of the most top-rated islands in the world, Bali brings a lot to the table. In the city, you can find spectacular volcanoes, breathtaking cliffs, and some of the best beaches.
- Berlin, Germany. In the past, the city was only known for one thing—the Berlin wall. Now that a lot of travelers have attested to the beauty that the city offers, it has now become a popular destination with its art, museums, and culture.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Every year, approximately 300,000 travelers visit Christ the Redeemer alone, and this says a lot about the city’s tourism. Exotic beaches like Copacabana and Ipanema are popular attractions, too, where you can see sun-tanned beachgoers during the day, and chic partygoers enjoying Bossa Nova during the night.
We could go on forever, but we’re afraid we will have to cut it to the top ten popular destinations. However, always remember that there are still a lot of other cities all over the world, waiting to be discovered. Here’s to hoping they make it to the top ten or your personal list of exclusive escapes, soon!